Tayto Snacks, certified a Great Place to Work, is home to Ireland’s most iconic snack brands including Tayto, Hunky Dorys and King crisps. We also distribute other household names including Hula Hoops, KP Nuts, Skips, Rancheros and Meanies.
We employ approximately 400 people in Ireland and our head office is in Ashbourne, Co. Meath – 40 minutes from Dublin city centre. Tayto Snacks is proud to be part of the Intersnack Group, Europe’s leading producer of savoury snacks, operating in around 30 European countries.
At Tayto Snacks we are passionate about people and proud of the exciting, rewarding careers we offer.
Health, Safety & Environmental Officer
The Health, Safety & Environmental Officer will report to the HSE Manager. The HSE Officer will be a key person in bringing HSE activities to life, with a key objective of eliminating accidents and ensuring excellent environmental protection.
Location: Kilbrew, Ashbourne, Co. Meath
Contract: Full time – Permanent
Shift: Rotating shift. 3 week pattern - days, evenings & nights:
Monday - Thursday
- Days = 7am - 3pm, Evenings = 3pm - 11pm, Nights = 11pm - 7am
- Days = 7am - 2pm, Evenings = 2pm - 10pm, Nights = 10pm - 6am.
Purpose of the position:
The HSE Officer shall support the HSE Manager in day-to-day administration and execution of HSE plans, programs and the building of behaviours. They shall be responsible for the co-ordination and implementation of activities to continually improve HSE matters for Tayto Snacks. Liaising with the HSE management, line teams, colleagues and contractors they shall help to drive a zero-loss culture across the business using lean manufacturing tools, building capabilities & behaviours amongst colleagues, world class management systems and appropriate expenditure.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work within a continual improvement workplace delivering servant-leadership principles via line teams and functional pillars.
- Conduct and review risk assessments, including Task Risk Assessments, Quick Risk Assessments, Hazardous Substances and Contractor Risk Assessments.
- Document and monitor all incident and preventative actions sitewide, including regular updating of those actions and assessment of their effectiveness.
- Facilitate operational and technical improvements in conjunction with project, maintenance and production teams.
- Conduct on-site Health, Safety and Environmental communication, awareness and engagement programmes utilising regular meetings and toolbox talks.
- Support the delivery of the H&S training program across the site, including the use of Job Safety Procedures, provision of Manual Handing training and induction programs
- Assist the promotion of a culture of safety and corporate social responsibility.
- Support the HSE Manager in the monitoring of emergency and pollution prevention controls, practices and equipment
- Ensure First Aid training and equipment is up to date
- Support the HSE Manager in the monitoring of good waste management practices onsite.
- Play an active role in the site and line-based waste, energy, water and CSR program
- In conjunction with the HSE Manager conduct internal audits and other routine inspections.
- Support and assess the implementation of contractor controls.
- Support the legal compliance of the site.
- Be part of the site HSE Pillar Team.
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES / CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to speak with people and build solid relationships that will support the 100% staff engagement
- Influencing through others – ability to encourage positive behaviours, influence change and coach individuals or teams.
- A keen eye for detail, with a strong desire to continually improve.
- The ability to use visual systems to promote and communicate HSE matters effectively.
- Able to plan and arrange work on own initiative, while reacting appropriately to particular demands as they arise.
- An ability to manage and prioritise multiple activity streams.
- Can work collaboratively across functions to hone a positive HSE culture (particularly production, maintenance, HR, Occupational Health).
- Minimum 2 years, ideally 5+ years industrial experience.
- Level 5 or above H&S or Environmental qualification.
- FMCG, packaging or process background
- Experienced in machinery and process risk assessments
- A track record in preventing accidents
- Exposure to multiple key HSE activities (e.g. Emergency Preparedness, Internal Auditing, Operational Controls, Training)
- Experience of Behavioural Safety processes
Other desirable criteria include:
- Qualified Manual Handling instructor
- First responder trained
- Experience in contractor management
- Experience of waste and pollution management practices
- ISO14001/ISO45001 exposure
- Continuous improvement – previous experience in TPM/Lean/iL6S would be advantageous
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position, it is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.
If you are interested in this position please click 'Apply for this job'.
Tayto Snacks is an Equal Opportunities Employer