Tayto Snacks, certified a Great Place to Work, is home to Ireland’s most iconic snack brands including Tayto, Hunky Dorys and King crisps. We also distribute other household names including Hula Hoops, KP Nuts, Skips, Rancheros and Meanies.
We employ approximately 400 people in Ireland and our head office is in Ashbourne, Co. Meath – 40 minutes from Dublin city centre. Tayto Snacks is proud to be part of the Intersnack Group, Europe’s leading producer of savoury snacks, operating in around 30 European countries.
At Tayto Snacks we are passionate about people and proud of the exciting, rewarding careers we offer.
Health, Safety & Environment Manager
The Health, Safety & Environmental Manager will report to the HSE Lead. The HSE Manager will be a key person in bringing HSE activities to life within an FMCG environment, with a key objective of eliminating accidents and ensuring excellent environmental protection.
Location: Kilbrew, Ashbourne, Co. Meath
Contract: Full time – Permanent
The HSE Manager will plan, co-ordinate, implement, assess and continually improve HSE matters. They will support the business in achieving a HPO (High Performance Organisation). Liaising with the HSE Lead & Pillar, management, line teams, colleagues and contractors they shall drive a zero-loss culture across the business by the use of Lean tools, building capabilities & behaviours, world class management systems and appropriate expenditure.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a key influencer within a continual improvement workplace delivering servant-leadership principles via line teams and functional pillars.
- Deliver an accident and incident free workplace through a focused loss elimination approach.
- Lead and facilitate operational and technical improvements in conjunction with project, maintenance and operations teams.
- Develop and manage the risk assessment programme, including Task, Quick, Hazardous Substances and Design Risk Assessments.
- Ensure the capture of all reactive and preventative actions sitewide, and ensure regular progression of those actions and assessment of their effectiveness.
- Drive on-site HSE communication, awareness and engagement programmes.
- Evolve the behavioural safety program and develop the business safety and CSR culture.
- Co-ordinate emergency and pollution prevention controls, practices and equipment.
- Drive good waste management practices.
- Support site and line-based waste, energy, water and CSR programs
- Lead the site Change Management process, linking into maintenance and project work.
- Co-ordinate the internal audit and inspection programs.
- Support and assess Contractor Controls.
- Identify and ensure delivery of the H&S training program across the site, confirming statutory requirements are adhered to and taking into account best practices and the building of capabilities sitewide.
- Review and implement legislative requirements via online compliance tools.
- Act as HSE deputy on Intersnack regional matters and as part of the site HSE Pillar Team.
- Flexibility to support all shifts.
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES / CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Able to plan and arrange work on own initiative, while reacting appropriately to particular demands as they arise.
- Ability to speak with people and build solid relationships that will support the 100% staff engagement
- Influencing through others – ability to encourage positive behaviours, influence change and coach individuals or teams.
- An ability to manage and prioritise multiple activity streams.
- A keen eye for detail, with a strong desire to continually improve.
- An ability to identify root causes in processes and behaviours.
- Can work collaboratively across functions to hone a positive HSE culture (particularly production, maintenance/projects, HR, Occupational Health).
- Minimum 5 years, ideally 10+ years industrial experience
- Minimum diploma level Health & safety, Environmental or Engineering qualification.
- FMCG, packaging or process background
- Experienced in machinery and process risk assessments
- A proven track record in preventing accidents
- ISO14001/ISO45001 experience
Other desirable criteria include:
- Experience in projects and contractor management
- Working knowledge of waste and pollution management practices
- Experience of licenced effluent systems
- Exposure to ISO50001
- Previous experience in TPM/Lean/iL6S
- Technically strong, with some mechanical & electrical experience
- Some experience of supply chain safety
- PSCS exposure
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position, it is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.
If you are interested in this position please click 'Apply for this job'.
Tayto Snacks is an Equal Opportunities Employer